"The camera can capture my face, but until it captures my soul, you ain't got a movie"


Sunday 9 October 2016

Casting and Choosing the Rapper

Same like for the choice of the lead singer, the rapper in the video would need to be of an ethnic background to match the style of music and voice in the original song. The lyrics are very simple for the rapper: "Dirty South / Can y'all really feel me (feel this) / East Coast, feel me (feel this) / West Coast, feel me (say what)". Therefore we were not as concerned with lip syncing ability but were looking for someone who could look the part. Luckily, we found Manu an A1 student who not only looks the part but has good lip syncing abilities. We auditioned him one afternoon, below are the audition tapes we made.

He seemed very energetic and happy to take part, which was a good indicator that he would be the right choice for us.


Later on I filmed him again to get better shots of his lips, because those would be the main shots we want of him in the music video. He also became more familiar with the lyrics which helped him lip sync to the rap better.



No comments:

Post a Comment